
My fiancé is an amazing cook, but there are many times where I must venture into the kitchen and create something...edible.
Tonight, I decided on a dish appropriate to my level of expertise - Pasta! To my surprise, it turned out to be pretty darn good.
Ingredients:
8 oz. Whole Grain Rotini (I used Barilla)
1.5 lbs. Shrimp (peeled and deveined)
3 oz. Cherry Tomatoes (about 10 - halved)
2 Cloves of Garlic (Chopped)
1 tbsp. Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
3 Tbsp of pesto
Pasta:
Bring 2 Quarts of water to a boil (Optional - Add salt and olive oil to taste).Add Whole Grain Pasta.
Allow water to return to a boil.
Cook uncovered, stirring occasionally until desired tenderness (or 9-12 minutes).
Remove from heat and drain.
Shrimp:
Pour olive oil into a large, nonstick, pan. Allow oil to warm on medium heat (if you haven't cut tomatoes or chopped garlic, this would be a good time!).
Add chopped garlic and sauté until light brown in color (or 1 minute).
Add shrimp and tomatoes and sauté until shrimp turn pink on each side (about 2 minutes per side). Be careful not to overcook the shrimp. Add pesto and presto! Dinner is served!
Cooks' Notes:
When draining the pasta, the pot I typically use has a lid with a built in strainer. This allows me to add the pesto onto the pasta, instead of the shrimp. Make sure to toss the pasta to coat evenly with pesto prior to serving.
*Garnish with fresh basil and Parmesan*
No comments:
Post a Comment